Monday, June 2, 2008

Obama wants to disarm and leave the US vulnerable...

Words from the Next President of the United States:

"OBAMA: As president, I will end misguided defense policies and stand with Caucus for Priorities in fighting special interests in Washington. First, I'll stop spending $9 billion a month in Iraq. I'm the only major candidate who opposed this war from the beginning -- and as president, I will end it. Second, I will cut tens of billions of dollars in wasteful spending. I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems. I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems, and I will institute an independent defense priorities board to ensure that the Quadrennial Defense Review is not used to justify unnecessary spending. Third, I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons. To seek that goal, I will not develop new nuclear weapons; I will seek a global ban on the production of fissile material, and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBMs off hair-trigger alert and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenals. You know where I stand."

Are you kidding me? This is his plan for national security? Cutting spending on new weapons? You mean, like ones that will kill the enemy while protecting our soldiers and civilians? Hmmm... interesting. Cutting the funding and progress that has been made in missile defense? What do liberals have against missile defense? Its starting to work for crying out loud and they want to cut it? Whats wrong with a defensive weapon? What if Obama's buddy, the President of Iran, decides to launch a missile at us in ten years? Won't it be best for everyone if we can... shoot it down? No Nuclear weapons... is he kidding? Does he really think we're going to be able to tell the rest of the world to just get rid of all theirs? C'mon. No new weapons. So the only ones we'll have are the older, less accurate, really destructive ones as opposed to newew, more accurate, and less likely to cause total annihilation?

If we get rid of ours, whats to stop somebody else from attacking us with one? You can't get rid of it, the science to make these things is out there. Even if he did get rid of all of ours, what does he have against a missile defense shield then?

Yes, Obama... we do know where you stand.

No comments: